Tuesday, December 23, 2008

random start



So tonite was the awards banquet for my Civil Air Patrol Squadron. I love being patriotic, but at times I wonder why I even joined. Do you know how weird it feels to be the only girl while marching in combat boots at 35 degrees? While it can be uncomfortable at times, it reminds me of how we can be witnesses wherever we go. Whatever their reason, there are 20 students that meet for 2 hrs. every week to learn how they can serve their country better. But just imagine, what these people could do if they had the heart of God leading them in this service. I can only hope that they do not do this out of selfish ambition, but whatever their reason, I feel proud to serve next to them, even if it is just for practice. So as I finish out my year, marching, saluting, and who knows what else, this will certainly be an experience I will never forget; Being adventurous just gets you into awkward positions sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment