Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Velocity Side 2

Can I just say we have some seriously talented people leading our youth? Because we do!
VELOCITY summer camp was a huge success.

Their creativity and earnest hard work really payed off as I watched 80 teens split up into 8 teams and battle it out to win the "golden sombrero" of victory.

Each day I enjoyed watching the efforts of some of the most creative people come alive as they led the teens in games ranging from human battleship to heads dipped in chocolate syrup and bobbing for gummy worms in cereal (if you weren't there you might need an explanation for these).
Rahel is a phenomenal games coordinator and knows how to have fun!

Anita and I had the pleasure of getting 20 goldfish at the nearest WallyWorld 20 miles away- Oh what fun that walmart woman had trying to catch the fish out of the tank- I almost thought I could do it myself! And the fish about half died before they even got to Kyle, as we decided to go the self-checkout way- Note to Self: never go through self-checkout with a bag of 20 fish and one barcode. Those fish were doing the wiggle jiggle under the scanner and I was in constant need of the manager's entry code. :)



And the worship experience? Never have I seen anyone work quite as hard as our band did, setting up a complete stage, with a vibrant backdrop displaying our Velocity Logo. We had projected slides on each side of the room, for the kids to sing along during worship, and a carpet that bid you to come and bow before God in praise! I laid on that carpet so many times just to feel the presence of God in that place. I cannot write a blog without thanking Brian, Ricky, Josh, Brittany, and Olivia- I simply cannot imagine singing for 7 services in 4 days- amazing.

Of course we couldn't hear it if it weren't for Mike Wingler, or follow along without Tanner- thanks guys!


But it doesn't end there- Jacoby, Jerrid, Jordan, and Kyle made everyone laugh til their sides hurt, literally! The costumes those guys made and put on proved their unabashedness for humor's sake. They can dance too- if you haven't checked out "Im on a Blob", you must.



Last but not least, Phillip- our youth pastor with energy. Each morning and night God delivered a passionate messsage through him that affected everyone. Thank you for your willingness to hear God speak to you, and relay it to us!


If you want to actually SEE how much fun we had, I encourage you to check out the video of Im on a Blob:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCCHSheNAks


No comments:

Post a Comment