Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Learning How to Trust God

This morning, while praying I was thinking of what to read in the Bible. I secretly felt ashamed because I hadn't studied my Bible in such a fashion that I wasn't following any particular plan of reading any particular book (except for Esther). But then God brought to my mind of what I learned at Biblstudy last night. I am going through Esther in the Beth Moore biblestudy, and she brings through so many verses that relate to the story of Esther that I never would have imagined would. A verse was mentioned last night in the obscure book of Habakkuk. It had also come to my mind because we spoke of it in small group Sunday. Anyways, I thought, God, isn't that one of those books that has nothing applicable to my life now? But I was surprised as I opened to the book of Habakkuk, 3 chapters small, and starting reading. To my delight the book related to the world and government, my favorite area of study. But it brings to light problems; problems that we deal with today, an it scares me how hopeless we have become. I love how God always orchestrates things in my everyday to teach me things, solve problems, and show delight. Does He ever do that for you? Isn't it fun?! I got into one of my world-changing moods last night and decided that I would commit today to studying my law. And so this book started my day out right. If you will give me a few more moments of your time, I'd like to share what this means to me. I tend to be a little wordy so if you don't read anything else read this: The book is a dialogue between Habakkuk and God, starting with Habakkuk complaining. I was astonished to read the words Habakkuk uttered to God, God! "Why do you make me see wrong things and make me look at trouble? " He speaks of the evil in the world and how evil people prosper over the good. The enemies have triumph over the Lord's people.But is he actually blaming God for his wrongs, and others' evil? But one verse grabs me- "Evil people gain while good people lose; the judges no longer make fair decisions." Oh how true this is of today! Now I know many people pull verses out and apply them even when they were obviously not meant for that context, and though this book was addressed to Israel, but it has some words that are applicable. Habakkuk complains twice and Gods answers twice. The Lord says "I will do something in your lifetime that you won't believe even when you are told about it.""The evil nation is very proud of itself; it is not living as it should. But those who are right with God will live by faith." Please read the whole book. It takes all of 15 minutes to read and let soak in. It is so true of we feel as a nation today, and what our nation has become. I continue to urge my fellow Christ followers to do what you can to protect our "godly" nation. As controversial as it may seem, vote. Vote against bills, vote for presidents, pray for our leaders, know what is happening today. We have no greater duty or honor bestowed upon us than to excercise our rights as FREE believers. We will no longer be free if we don not start using our rights, because they will soon become unnecessary and stripped away from us. Please pray!

No comments:

Post a Comment