Saturday, April 3, 2010

Spring has arrived!

 
I spend the afternoon outside- it is 85 degrees. I am cooking vegetables on the grill with steak and chicken; I walk inside and look at my feet to see they are covered in bright yellow pollen. Ahhh yes, it is Spring!

My mind is so happy yet my body hates me. My head is stuffy and my breathing isBut on the brighter side, the weather is great to do the things I like with the people I love. 

Last Sunday I went in a paddle boat with my nephew, in a skirt. Yep, that's right, southern girls paddle in a skirt! The family grilled out and had a relaxed dinner outside friday, and today I went to the beach. Not to mention I can now spend hours reading outside and practicing my golf swing. Which reminds me how out of sorts I am, as I pulled a muscle doing such last week.

All of these things are breathtaking, but the most beautiful thing about the Springtime is the celebration of our Lord's death and resurrection. Tomorrow is Easter Sunday, and as I am busily baking and spending time with family and friends, I must not forget the sacrifice that gave me my life. 

Last night I went to Seacoast's production, The Thorn. It was wonderful. Humorous at times, it depicted the life of Jesus through the eyes of John (the Beloved). For the most part, however, it was heartaching, and reminded me of the great sacrifice-gift of love- that Jesus gave His life so that I may have mine. My selfish, happy life that I enjoy because of His payment for my sins. I couldn't help but cringe every time they whipped Jesus.

Please take time to remember why we celebrate Easter, and during the whole season of Spring, take the effort to look around you and notice God's creation. Smell the flowers, listen to the birds, lay in the grass- and just be still; you will hear God's voice in the silence of the breeze!

Happy Easter, and welcome Spring!
written to the sounds of the SoundScapes channel

No comments:

Post a Comment