Thursday, May 6, 2010

Elvis would've been so proud...

Yes, it's strange. I had this wonderful dish at a cute little burger place, Sesame. You can build your own burger, or choose from some special little combos they put together, one being The Memphis. Like it was built just for Elvis, this burger is topped with homemade peanut butter, bananas, and bacon. You can choose your meat too-chicken, beef, turkey or beans. I like bean burgers.

All this to say, I have a new favorite burger, what I like to call my  
Peanut Butter Banana Bacon Bean Burger.

A mouthful? Yes, in words and food. But it is SO delicious! You must try it. I even made it homemade for myself, today for the first time. If you are daring enough to try it, and love it, here is my recipe:

The Memphis
1 can of Black Beans
1 cup of bread crumbs
1 Banana
4 slices of Bacon
Peanut Butter (All Natural tastes best)
Choice of Bread (I used Pita)


1. Open the can of black beans and drain. 

2. Mash the black beans

3. Add about 1 cup of bread crumbs (this helps you mold the beans into a patty)


4. Mold into a patty and place in a frying pan, cooking on medium-high for about 2 minutes per side


5. Meanwhile, Spread bun with peanut butter and sliced bananas

Place Bacon on top of bean burger, and place on bun.

Remember, you can do this with regular beef, I just like the soft texture of the beans.

I ate this while watching Leap Year for the 3rd time; if you haven't seen it yet, you must! It is hilarious and romantic :)





No comments:

Post a Comment