Thursday, May 13, 2010

NOW is the time

Well, I could sit here and tell you how many times I have thought the title of this blog, "Now is the time". "Now is the time to (fill in the blank). I have a huge list of things that I want to do in my lifetime; some are not feasible at this time, but there are SO many that are!

So, hopefully for real this time I can say Now is the time. Because starting now, this summer, I will be starting to narrow down that list of things to learn. I just love learning new things, as is evident by the different things I have tried throughout my life, but there are too many more I have interest in. for example:

This summer I will:

1. Put a dent in that reading list. I commit right now to at least finish the books I have already started. Hey, I finished one yesterday!
2. Practice my flute, until I can play like I used to. And maybe even get better than ever! I played for 6 years, but there's many things I have yet to learn about this instrument.

3. Learn to play acoustic guitar. Since we're on the topic of music, my uncle gave me an old guitar last year and I really want t learn it! It seems to be the most popular instrument, which is why I originally didn't like it, but now I say, why not!

4. Get Active and Get Outside! I spend so much time indoors with school, and when I'm not doing that I'm being a computer geek! I absolutely love the outdoors, and while Ive always been fond of running through the grass, I don't get much more athletic than that. So, I shall learn some sports!

5. Get some good Tee Time- As referenced afore, I am not athletic. But two years ago I decided golf was my game, and it originated in Scotland- even better, right?! Well, I never got past the driving range, so my goal is to actually play a game of golf this summer

Well these are just my top five, but there are certainly more on this girl's list. And last but not least, I have been saving some of my favorite skirts over the years to someday make aprons out of them. I keep meaning to do so, but havent yet. Now is the time for that! Especially since I ran across this blog.
Now i have a challenge- make a pinafore apron like that of Alice in Wonderland

I'll post pictures when I'm finished!

What are 5 things you want to do this summer? Now is the time!

4 comments:

  1. I really really want to learn how to play the guitar too. learning to play golf sounds fun too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome list! I want to put a dent in my reading list as well, preferably while out on the beach/boat/park/backyard, walk everyday, take a class, and go on a vacation alone.

    The choccie cake with avo looks lip smacking, I love the green and brown together, so pretty!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you can complete all of your wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cole-wonderful! I'm glad we have similiar things to accomplish :)

    Mandy- Thanks! I promise we will have that cake sometime before class is over :)

    rayearth2601- thanks!

    ReplyDelete