Monday, March 8, 2010

Breakfast Boring You?

I try to eat breakfast every day, because as you know, "it is the most important meal of the day". But sometimes breakfast becomes so mundane. It seems like I am always eating eggs or oatmeal; so, on the weekends, I try to experiment a bit. On friday I made my own version of the McGriddles sandwiches at McDonald's Im not a huge fan of McDonalds, but I really enjoy their breakfast. So I made a sanwich (really twice its size) with bacon, eggs, and cheddar cheese between two waffles. I then toasted it until the cheese melted. It was good but a little dry, next time I will either butter the waffles or add syrup for dipping.


Sunday, I made a recipe I found online. Crunchy Bran French toast. Basically it is 2 slice of whole wheat bread, spread with cream cheese and low sugar orange marmalade. Put the pieces together to make a sanwich, dip in egg, and dip in bran flakes. fry in a pan about 2 minutes each side and viola! Sprinkle with powdered sugar and pair it with (soy) milk and you have a semi healthy breakfast!

1 comment:

  1. These two dishes look so yummy! Keith and I made homemade waffles last night and they were great...but I think next time we'll add bacon, eggs, and cheese! :o)

    ReplyDelete