Saturday, March 27, 2010

Saturday Morning French Toast

Wednesday as my brother and I were watching tv, we saw a showdown of french toast on Food Network, with the winner being a stack of fluffy guava stuffed french toast- it looked amazing. At the moment we both decided that saturday morning called for french toast. I went onto the Food Network site and couldn't get the recipe, so I decided to try my own.

I went to Publix and picked up all of the strawberry themed stuff I could find (I figured strawberry is a good typical flavor) and brought it to my brother's house. I think it turned out pretty well,

Sarah's Stuffed Strawberry French Toast

Cream Cheese spread
Smuckers strawberry jam
Cool Whip strawberry dip
Smuckers Red Raspberry syrup
fresh strawberries- sliced
12 Grain Bread
2 eggs
powdered sugar

Directions:

1. Take two slices of whole grain bread, and spread one side with a layer of cream cheese spread. Spread strawberry jam on top of the cream cheese (make it thick enough to taste between the bread)

2. whisk two eggs in a shallow bowl, and dip both sides of the sandwich into the egg.

3. Heat a frying pan to medium heat, and spray with cooking spray. Put toast into pan and fry about 2 minutes per side

Remove and place on a dish

4. while warm, slice the toast diagonally. Place a dollop of strawberry cool whip on each slice of french toast

5. arrange sliced strawberries to the side of the cool whip, on top of the toast

Sprinkle with powdered sugar and drizzle with strawberry syrup. Eat while it's warm! 

2 comments:

  1. That looks so yummy! I'm defintely going to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should! What's great is you can try so many different flavors- the week before I made it with apricot jam :)

    ReplyDelete