Monday, March 8, 2010

An original recipe

Last week I decided to write a few recipes, considering I cannot remember the last time, if any time, I have written a recipe. Thus, I came up with a pretty successful meal that my family likes, and it is easy to be creative with. I decided to try something healthy with alot of flavor, so I devised a Japanese recipe which I put into little takeout containers I bought from the craft store. I did not write out actual measurements so here's the name and ingredients:

Strip Steak Stir Fry with Vanilla Dijon Sauce over Jasmine Rice

Just like it sounds, I caramelized purple onions with green bell peppers, and let them steam. I added strips of flank steak and poured over the sauce (vanilla, honey, dijon mustard, and soy sauce). I then poured that over jasmine rice, and put them into the takeout boxes.

I encourage anyone who wants to just try something they just thought up, or if something sounds like it will go together. You may be surprised to find a new family favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment