Thursday, March 25, 2010

Habakkuk

There are so many things to say about the nation's situation today, that everytime I finish a blog, I think of something else I'd like to say.
But I don't want to diminish the impact of anything I've said before, and I don't want to diverge into a rant. This is my final view on politics (for the moment)

About this time last year, I posted an entry about the book of Habakkuk and how it applies to our nation today.
I would like to re introduce that thought, because so often you can read things multiple times and get a different response each time.

Habakkuk 1:2-4 relates to our current troubles. While Habakkuk was speaking to God about Babylon's troubles, I feel as if we could take upon his petitions as our own.

Habakkuk 2:5-14 parallels leaders, whether they be local or national, I think we have all encountered a few like this.

Habakkuk 3:17-19 brings us hope and consolation in this turbulent time.

These verses I have referenced are only Habakkuk's side of the story.
I encourage you, as it is only 3 books long, to engage and read the book of Habakkuk for yourself, and pray and ask God what it is He would have you do for our nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment